Docker is an open-source container runtime that allows you to build, run, and manage applications in isolated environments called containers.
Mailman is an open-source application for managing electronic mail discussions and newsletter lists. It is written in Python, and since Python 2.7 is EOL, it is important to use Mailman3, not Mailman2. Mailman 3 is actually a suite of 6 subprojects; it is known as The Mailman Suite:
- Mailman Core – The core delivery engine.
- Postorius – A new Django-based web user interface for end users and list administrators.
- HyperKitty – A new Django-based web archiver.
- mailman-hyperkitty – A plugin for the core to communicate with HyperKitty.
- django-mailman3 – Django modules and templates common to Postorius and HyperKitty
- mailmanclient – The official Python 2 and 3 bindings to the administrative REST API.
In this tutorial, we will show you how to install Mailman3 on Debian 11.